Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Olivier Salad or a Very Traditional Russian Salad

Well, this is a very traditional Russian salad. I used to see it on New Year's table every year. I bet that if you pop up at some Russian party - you will have Olivier salad on your plate. I love this salad and being away from Russian made me miss this salad. My husband loved the salad and as I say, I think this salad is much better than a potato salad. 




Ingredients


10 oz Bologna (I prefer to add chicken instead)
4-5 pieces Potato 
2 pieces Carrots 
4 pieces Eggs 
1 piece White onion 
1 Apple
1 can Sweet peas 
3-4 tablespoons Mayo
Salt

Directions

1) Boil potato, carrots and eggs until ready. Cut it in small pieces. 



2) Cut apples, onions and bologna. Put all cut ingredients in a bowl, don't mix it. 


3) Add mayo, salt and pepper. 


4) Don't add mayo until you are ready to eat the salad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment